A place for my findings and useful gists for the Valve Steam Deck
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Xbox Cloud Gaming
Play all retro games
- Download the Installer down below, copy that file to your Deck’s Desktop and run it.
wget -q https://www.emudeck.com/EmuDeck.desktop
- Now close Steam and run Steam Rom Manager when asked by the app.
- Click on Preview, then Generate App list, wait for all the images to download and then click Save App list.
The first time it could take some minutes, check on the Event Log tab to know when the process is finished.
- Close Steam Rom Manager and the Installer window, click on “Return to game mode” on your desktop and you are good to go!
- EmuDeck - EmuDeck automates the installation of Emulators automatically from the same sources you’ll use if done manually.
Xbox Cloud Gaming
Installing “Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta)”
Installing Edge Browser
Launch the Steam Deck into Desktop Mode STEAM button menu.
Power > Switch to Desktop
Find Microsoft Edge (beta) in the Discover Software Center application and install.
Upon completion open the app drawer locate Microsoft Edge (beta), then right-click and Add to Steam. A window should appear, scroll to find Microsoft Edge (beta), check the box next to it, and select Add Selected Programs.
Launch a fresh terminal window (Konsole) and execute the command below.
# The following command allows Edge to communicate with the Steam Deck's controller interfaces flatpak –user override –filesystem=/run/udev:ro com.microsoft.Edge
Open Steam from the deskop and navigate to non steam applications. Right click Edge and change its name to “Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta)”. Next Right click again and adjust the shortcut launch options.
# Append the options to the end of the existing command (after @@u @@) --window-size=1024,640 --force-device-scale-factor=1.25 --device-scale-factor=1.25 --kiosk "https://www.xbox.com/play"
Next Steps are optional, but you can add custom artwork by following the next steps.
# Download Microsoft assets wget -q --show-progress https://aka.ms/EdgeXboxDeckArt
In Desktop Mode on your Steam Deck, launch Steam, navigate to Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) in your Library, right-click it, select Properties and select the appropriate images.